What is JA?
Junior Achievement is a nonprofit organization founded in 1919 to inspire youth to dream about their future. Established in Dallas in 1954, the volunteer-delivered kindergarten through 12th grade programs foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills, using experiential learning to inspire students to dream big and reach their potential. With the help of more than 4,200 volunteers this year, JA Dallas students develop the skills they need to experience the realities and opportunities of work and entrepreneurship in the 21st century global marketplace.
Our Core Purpose
To inspire and prepare youth to succeed in a global economy. JA's Educational Focus Centers around:
- Financial Literacy
- Workplace readiness
Our Core Values
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people.
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship.
- Passion for what we do, and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it.
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals.
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration.
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning.
Interested in volunteering with Junior Achievement? Click here to get started!
Interested in bringing JA to your classroom? Click here for educator information!
Take a moment to explore the various programs available through Junior Achievement and decide which one is best for you and your students.
Junior Achievement will provide as many students with pragmatic educational experiences for as long as we are able. Help us continue this legacy by lending your financial support to JA.